Attend the International Student Program Conference!
You won't want to miss the 9th Annual International Student Program Conference (formerly the HomeStay Boarding Symposium)!
The 3-day conference (Monday-Wednesday, October 22-24, 2018) will again be held on the campus of Wheaton College in the western suburbs of Chicago.
Join other Christian school international program directors, program coordinators, admissions directors, teachers, administrators, and host parents next October. Bring your whole team!
You'll leave INSPIRED by new ideas and insights, EQUIPPED with tools and resources, and CONNECTED to other colleagues in the field to continue the work with international students at your school.
Come to the ISP Conference to experience:
• 3 special pre-conference sessions
• Over 50 unique breakout sessions covering all aspects of an ISP
• New sessions this year for advanced/mature international programs
• Special Keynote speaker Dan Egeler (Vice President at Grand Canyon University & Former ACSI President)
• Opportunity to visit Wheaton Academy's international student weekly gathering
• Opportunity to visit downtown Chicago for an evening
Sessions will be offered in the areas of Administration, Academics/Teaching, Host Parents, Student Life, and Bible & Discipleship, including sessions such as:
• Recruiting International Students in a Changing Industry
• Communicating the Gospel Cross Culturally
• Academic Vocabulary and Reading Strategies
• 10 Mistakes I Made as an ISP Director
• Recruiting, Training, and Evaluating Your Host Family Team
• A 4-Year College Counseling Plan for International Students
• Diversify Your Program Through Scholarships
• Learn about ACSI's International Student Program Endorsement
• Communicating Effectively With Agents
• Teaching Science to International Students
• Common Concerns of Chinese Parents and How to Respond
• Training Designed to Prepare Faculty to Teach ELLs
• Communicating About Culture Shock
• Adjusting Academic Curriculum to Meet the Needs of International Students
• Building Relationships with International Students
• School Nursing to International Students
• How to Interview an International Student
• Having Meaningful Conversations with International Students
• Embedding International Students into the Fabric of Your School Culture
• A Team Approach to Medical and Health Needs of International Students
• Understanding Cultural Differences in Chinese Social Media & Entertainment
• Setting Up Your Host Home for Host Parenting Success
• ...and more!